No Bake, Blueberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake… a creamy piece of deliciousness!
This recipe is a simple one. It’s packed with Fresh Blueberries & White chocolate, and you need not add any sugar as you can rely on the natural sugars in the blueberries and also the white chocolate.
A really creamy fresh tasting No Bake cheesecake, sure to please your diners! The balance of flavours and textures is wonderful. You get the full flavour of pureed fresh blueberries contrasting with the crunch of whole blueberries in the filling, and the crunchy base, then combined with the creamy gentle addition of white chocolate blended throughout the filling.
It is a very refreshing and not sickly sweet dessert.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 Hours refrigeration
Yield: 6 servings
You will need: 8-9 inch cake round tin. Spring form or one where the base comes out. (You need to be able to get the pie out without damaging it.)
2 1/2 oz or 75 g butter
8 oz or 220 g Biscuits /cookies
7 fl oz or 200 ml fresh whipping cream
7 oz or 200 g cream cheese (room temperature)
3 1/2 oz or 200 g of Blueberries fresh or frozen
3 1/2 oz or 100 g White Chocolate (double this amount if you have a sweet tooth!)
***Hold back a handful of the blueberries for the top decoration
**Please do try to use digestive biscuits in your recipe as it will make a difference in the base.
1. Place all your cookies /biscuits in a zippy bag, and using a rolling pin bash them until they become fine crumbs.
If you are using a spring form tin, I clip the parchment paper in & lock the tin. Then cut the excess paper off.
2. In a mixing bowl (large enough to hold the biscuits) melt the butter for 30 seconds in the microwave. It should be liquid. If not, heat for a further 10 seconds, or until it has completely melted. Add the crumbed biscuits to the butter and mix very well until it is all incorporated.
3. Lightly (vegetable) oil the base of your tin if using a large tin. Transfer the biscuits mixture to the baking pan.
4. Use the bottom of a glass or other object and compress the biscuits mixture as much as possible. The harder it is the less likely it will come apart when you take it out of the pan. Use the back of your hand and go along the edges pushing the mix down and compressing.
5. Put in the freezer to set whilst you make the filling.
6. If you are using frozen blueberries, dry them off after defrosting with kitchen paper. From the Blueberries quantity, take some out for decorating and set aside, then divide the rest into two equal portions. The first portion, puree them, and the second portion, leave whole.
7. Place in a bowl the white chocolate, but hold one small piece back if you want to grate some on the top as decoration. Put in the microwave for 20 second intervals and melt until soft. **** Do not over heat so it becomes liquid as your chocolate will go horrible and grainy, hence melt in 20 second intervals until real soft but NOT liquid. Then set aside.
8. Whip up the cream cheese until fluffy then add the fresh cream. Continue to whip until stiff. Add the melted chocolate and combine, then add all the pureed & whole blueberries, folding it into the whipped mixture.
9. Brush the side of the tin all around with some vegetable oil or spray to prevent the pie from sticking. Transfer to the tin and smooth the top over.
10. Place in the fridge for 4 hours MINIMUM. You can speed up the chill time by placing in the freezer for a couple of hours.
Decorate with a sprinkling of fresh blueberries and grated white chocolate and enjoy! And there you have our No Bake, Blueberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake… a creamy piece of deliciousness!
We’d love to hear from you and what you thought of our post. Did you make any changes or add some other goodies? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
to view this page, please login with your id and password.
Piazza Luigi Di Savoia 40 - 70121 Bari - ITALY
+39 0803328579 / +91 04027118122
+39 3804779120 / +91 9000947265
© 2015 My School ITALY Kindergarten - P.IVA 07244580721
Powered by Comma3